If you suffer from chronic facial and neck pain, this pain could be due to problems with the jaw, jaw joint (or TMJ) and surrounding facial muscles. Your temporomandibular joints, or TMJs, connect your lower jawbone to your skull.
Your TMJ joints get a lot of use throughout the day as you speak, chew, swallow, and yawn. Chronic face pain can be caused by fatigue to the muscles that move your jaw or by the misalignment of the TMJ joints.
If you answer YES to any of the following questions, TMJ Therapy at Peace & Harmony PMC can help
- Do you have frequent headaches?
- Do you feel pain near your cheek bones or ears?
- Do you have chronic neck pain?
- Do your shoulders ache?
- Do you grind your teeth at night?
- Do you clench your jaw during the day?
- Does your jaw crack or pop?
- Do you have pain while talking or chewing?
- Do you have trouble fully opening your mouth?
- Do you hear popping or clicking in your ears?
In addition, if you answered Yes to any of these questions, you may be experiencing problems related to Temporomandibular Disorder (TMD) or Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction Syndrome (TMJD).*
Call us to schedule a consultation with our TMJ therapist: 617-209-9762
Our talented Massage Therapy Specialists use a unique approach to treat the pain associated with TMD or TMJD. Our TMJ Therapy is specifically designed to address the pain associated with TMJ joint misalignment and to help you to relax the muscles in your face, neck and shoulders.
* Practitioners and Staff Members of Peace and Harmony Pain Management Center are not licensed physicians and only your doctor or dentist can diagnose medical or dental conditions. If you have any concerns regarding your health, please see your physician or dentist for diagnosis.